Call for nominations for the annual Apollo Film Festival 2018
The 9th Annual Apollo Film Festival will take place October 3-6, 2018 at Victoria West in Northern Cape, South Africa.
The Apollo Annual Film Festival is a small, well-established festival that features documentaries, feature films, short films and animated films from South Africa. The festival is continually on the lookout for unique and exciting stories to share with South African audiences.
Interested filmmakers are invited to submit a vimeo link of their film for review and possible inclusion in the 2018 program. Applicants should note that a DVD copy of their film must be available for a minimum of two screenings during the dates listed below. -above.
- No films to submit without complete entry forms.
- All submissions must include the following: approx. Synopsis of 200 words, 2 still images of the film either in hard copy or digitized in JPEG format with 300 dpi, filmography / complete biography of the director.
- No promotional material submitted will be returned to sender.
- No material sent at the expense of the Festival will be accepted.
- If the film is selected, it must be available on DVD or Blu Ray in English or with subtitles.
- The copyright holder authorizes the Festival to make extracts of a maximum duration of three minutes available to television channels and to use on the Apollo Film Festival website for the promotion of the film and the Festival.
The Apollo Film Festival awards the following prizes:
- Best South African Feature Award
- Best South African Documentary Film Award
- Best South African Short Film (Professional Category)
- Best South African Short Film (Student and Newcomer Category)
- Best Actor in a Feature Film
- Best Actress in a Feature Film
- Best Screenplay for a Feature Film
- Best South African Short Film (Animation Category)
Submit all information to [email protected] The deadline for the arrival of applications at the Festival offices is 5:00 p.m. on July 31, 2018. No late registration will be taken into account.